Friday 21 September 2012

Tranquility in Nostalgia




The dictionary defines Nostalgia as:a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time.

Ever since growing up into an adult, life has given a lot challenges. A lot of good and bad. Some were to make us ,some were to break us.Let's face it,everyone goes through it. And as we get older our responsibilities get bigger and harder.Choices become more critical and important because families and societies are at stake. We all think about this as we get older.

Like it or not,we're the next generation of humanity, and it's time where we have take one for team-our families and society. And this will go on probably until our very last breath. Once you pass that border of adulthood.Your never going back.You wished you could change a lot about yourself when you were young. There's hardly enough time to be thinking about sad things.

I can safely assume everyone had to witness some pretty sad things throughout life. Weather be it the demise of a family member,relatives or friends,or any sort of disasters that leaves us in shambles. Being human,we don't own the ability to go back in time and fix it all or be with that somebody just a little bit longer. Reality has to be accepted, and you shouldn't grieve to much about it. Somethings are just meant to be. So how does one really go about in life suppressing the sadness he feels?

So how does someone not grieve for something he cherishes?

 The only thing I can do is to keep it closed up in my mind or just banish it.I chose not to forget it ,I think I should keep it for all times. I had a lot pretty sweet memories in my life, from ever since the day I could hold memories until this very second.But some are dejecting too. I had an uncle very dear to me, he passed on when i was 15. Diabetes Melitus.

 He was like the most sporting uncle you could ever have! Like a friend in older guy's body. He always liked to joke around with me whenever he come around. Since we live nearby, he'd invite me over for dinner with his family. I never felt so shattered, to be so close to someone,and suddenly he's gone. Forever.

Throughout the years,I learn to deal with it. I finally came to the realization, it won't go away if you try forget about it. Trying not to remind yourself  will just pull you in deeper. I found out, my memories overpower me. I sometimes let myself go into a melancholy romantic flashback of my past, where everyone I loved is still alive, where I hadn't a lot of things to get worked up about. Where everything seems untouched by time. Stuck in an eternal happiness.


 I gaze up in the night sky a lot too, whenever I can. 
 It's a perfect surrounding for a memory to get in motion. Because sometimes I meet up with the people that  I know are gone already in this away. An entity appears before me in the appearances of people I care most about.Once,I leaned on the shoulders on my dead best friend. And we'd be there looking at the twinkling star. I almost believed that I heard that ghost of him once whispered so subtly to me.


 
Dear beloved friend,
You must know this deep inside your heart, 
That God understands your pain
Ask Him to help you
Protect your mind and soul in the storm you are going through
I hope you understand
there's no need to be ashamed

With all your heart
Do your best to thrive
With all your strength and ability
Survive this world and always keep faith
May God accept your prayers

 I usually end up helplessly crying after that,totally missing my old friend or uncle, reminiscing the old days together. I don't think it's anguish, but more to a sense of release.  I think I'd rather have it that way.So I allocated time for this, no matter how long I studied. I made sure of myself that I had time for spiritualism. 
I don't know if it's appropriate but I also talk to God a lot, (meant not in prayer way)About everything that goes on in my life. This has got to be  the best of nostalgia for me. Glorious God,He hears me all the time. I can tell Him everything and I know, God is the best listener, Every little thing I want to say and share,or something that oppresses me until I cry my heart out,I know I can count on God.

 And just dazzling at the wonderful creation of His skies, proof of His infinite capability is already enough to spark  hope and determination within me. I have confidence that all my prayers will be answered* Godwilling!   :)  I'm happy now!

  *The best adab of a du'a is a du'a made by a believer with full assurance that God will accept it*

 
 That's how I found my peace in this life. How about you?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts